Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Got Debt?


Screw credit cards and bank loans. Check this guy out:

Moroccan gets hefty loan waived by threatening to commit suicide:
A Moroccan hotel employee threatened to commit suicide by throwing himself from the roof of the hotel in Messila Sunday.
Securitymen, firefighters and a medical emergency team rushed to the scene but failed to convince the man to get down. Finally, he said he wanted to meet the hotel’s manager, who then went to the roof of an adjoining building and after one-and-half hours of tense negotiations eventually persuaded the Moroccan to climb down. Sources say the Moroccan had borrowed heavily from the hotel and a bank. “The loans and family pressures led him to this step,” they added. The Moroccan was referred to Rumaithiya Police Station and a case of attempted suicide was registered against him. The Hotel Manager is said to have waived off the expatriate’s loan and accepted all his demands as a goodwill gesture towards the employee and his family.

It's like a fucking scene from "The Negotiator".

3 comments:

Zed said...

do i go to prison if i do that same?

Ms. Sarah said...

Waayyy3aaaa..

And all the people who're working their ass off?! How come they don't get a waiver?!

El7amdilla I don't have any loans or credit, but I know how it feels to be pushed to the edge but attempting to commit suicide to get a waiver is pure BS!

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.